- Children's Section
- Events & Programs
- Links & Resources
- Teen Section
The Lewes Public Library moved to its present location, 111 Adams Avenue, in 1988 from a room in the west wing of the Lewes City Hall. Prior to the City Hall location, it was housed for 30 years in the upstairs room of the Zwaanendael Museum. It had moved there in 1932 from the building which is now occupied by the Zwaanendael Women's Club at Third Street and Savannah Road.
In the year 2000, the library added two wings, the Research and Non-Fiction wing and the Children's wing for the children's collection and activities. Also added were a special room for the Delaware Collection and an enclosed reading room.
The Library is community-operated and is administered by a Board of Trustees of local citizens appointed by the Superior Court of the State of Delaware.
(revision adopted by the LPL Board October 13, 2009)